February Goals – what are yours?
by Carrie Pokrefke
Tomorrow is January 31st and marks the end of the first month of the new year. How are you doing on your resolutions?
In my first post of 2013, I declared that I wasn’t going to have a year-long resolution, but to have monthly resolutions. I had five for January and I did pretty good sticking to them. In bed by midnight was my biggest challenge. I didn’t write EVERY day, but only skipped one day a week, at the most. I am most proud of sticking to My Fork Over Knife Experiment! A lot of people expressed doubts that I would be able to go a month without meat. 30 days later and I can say I feel good and love the effects I feel from eating a plant-based diet and for drinking fruit/vegetable smoothies!
For February, I’ve decided to build on January’s resolutions and to add two new ones:
1) Perform five random acts of kindness
2) Reach my goal of raising $1,500 for CURE Childhood Cancer
3) No bright screens (computer, iPhone, etc) after 11:00 p.m. and in bed by 11:30 p.m.
4) Write every day. It can be a blog post or an entry in an autobiography-type book I found while purging my book shelf.
5) Keep up with My Fork Over Knife Experiment and blog
What are your goals for February? What is one thing you could start doing that would make the world a better place?