10 Ways to Refresh
By Erin King
Exhaustion has hit me hard lately and I’ve found myself pulling out every tool in my repertoire of “pick-me-ups”. Sometimes that just means I need to pay more attention to what my body is saying and put in more effort to wind down. These “gifts” to yourself hardly take any time at all, but may refresh you on a hard day and give you some peace of mind to conquer another.
1. Take a warm bath with epsom salts and a few drops of lavender essential oil. (Tip: Mix the epsom salts and essential oil together before adding to the bath.)
2. Drink a cup of hot tea or iced tea (depending on the weather). I love Tazo Refresh (available at Target).
3. Do yoga or stretch for a few minutes.
4. Take a nap. (Ha, I know that’s a joke for some of us.)
5. Go on a leisurely walk.
7. Read a good book.
9. Go for a swim.
10. Listen to some good music.
What do you do when you’re about to go all ‘spittin’ cherry pits’?